We are committed to working in Maryland and across the region and country to elect progressives. Read about our efforts and join us here.
DTMG is committed to working here in Maryland and across the region and the country to ensure that as many progressive democratic candidates are elected to local, state and national office.
We are committed to our partnership with JWalkers Action Group (JWAG) to work post-primaries on behalf of Democratic candidates in special and Midterm elections across the country.
- Our partnership conducted 55 phone banks for Jon Ossoff in the first round of the 6th District of Georgia election to fill the Congressional seat recently vacated by Tom Price when he was nominated as the Secretary of HHS. We made over 22,000 phone calls into the district then, and we are now approaching 10,000 additional calls as we ramp up to the Get Out the Vote Phase for both Jon Ossoff and Archie Parnell who is running for an open seat in the 5th District of South Carolina. Both elections take place on June 20.
- We are scaling up and looking towards playing a role in many other contests. One of our early priorities are the 2017 state legislative contests, including the Governorships in Virginia, and possibly New Jersey.
- As we look towards 2018, we are planning our strategy to engage strategically in elections where there is a realistic chance to flip red seats blue.
Our two-pronged approach is focused on:
- Building the infrastructure and launching initiatives to deliver a much higher turnout for progressive candidates in Montgomery County and in Maryland than we have seen in recent elections.
- Motivating people to vote by raising awareness of what hangs in the balance in these elections and of “shining a light” on the policies—or non-policies—of Governor Hogan that do not reflect our values.
We are committed to sharing our skills and capacity in the redder parts of Maryland to support efforts to flip more seats blue.
View the Live Stream of the June 27th meeting with Kathleen Matthews, the Chair of the Maryland Democratic Party, in Gaithersburg, MD.
What to Watch For:
- Action Alerts to make calls and canvass for specific candidates or issues
- Training for Action Leads who will manage phone banks, canvass drives and other actions
- An increasing focus on “calling out” Governor Hogan #WheresLarry
Contact us: email@example.com