Reviewing the 2019 Maryland Legislative Session
The 2019 Maryland General Assembly was in session from January 9 to April 8. DoTheMostGood MoCo identified 22 critical bills for our active support, and of these, ten were passed by both Houses and three have been signed into law. But our work isn’t over – it’s time now to urge the Governor to sign them all, or at least not veto them, so all ten can be enacted into law.
See which bills passed in these important areas
- Create World Class Schools for All Students
- Improving Elections and Voting
- Stand Up for Better Healthcare for All
- Support Immigration Justice
- Support key Environment bills
- Support Transportation bills that Protect Our Environment
Speak out to be sure our priority bills are not vetoed
As of May 1, the Governor had not taken any action on any of our priority bills. He has until May 23 to sign or veto all bills. Any bill he does not sign automatically becomes law. Any bills he vetoes have to be overridden by the General Assembly when they are back in session next January.
So, right now, write or call Governor Hogan and tell him not to veto our priority bills. Pick your bills from the list above or another passed bill about which you feel strongly.
Governor Larry Hogan
Annapolis office: 410-974-3901
email Gov. Hogan
Mail: 100 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland, 21401-1925
- 2019 Legislative Session: DTMG Priorities Pass/Fail Status
- 2019 Legislative Summary
- The Montgomery county delegation
- Find your district HERE
- Template for calling or writing your Maryland legislators