Save the Supreme Court!
You can TAKE ACTION THIS MONDAY, September 10. We will be joining our friends at Indivisible and reaching out to voters in North Dakota, urging them to contact Senator Heithamp and ask her to vote NO on the Kavanaugh nomination. Calls will be made Monday, September 10, between 2:00 and 8:00 pm.
Sign up here, select #SaveSCOTUS, and they will send you all the information you need to make calls from your own home.
We need to contact key Republican senators, too, and urge them to reject Kavanaugh: Senators Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) have stated that they would oppose any nominee who would overturn Roe vs. Wade. Now is the time to act! Call these Senators and tell them to stick to their word by voting no on Brett Kavanaugh.
When you call Sen. Collins, remind her that over $500,000 has already been raised and will be contributed to her Democratic opponent in 2020 if she votes to confirm Brett Kavanaugh.
DC: (202) 224-2523
Remember, Brett Kavanaugh is no moderate! He has some extreme conservative views and his appointment would create a monumental shift in the balance of the Court toward the right that would impact this nation for a generation.
Kavanaugh most resembles Clarence Thomas in ideology and would join Thomas on the far right of the Court, according to the political analysis website Fivethirtyeight. At a minimum, this appointment would threaten: (see Politico)
- Reproductive Freedom of Choice – in light of previous written opinions, it is imperative that Congress ask Judge Kavanaugh to state his position on Roe v. Wade.
- Immigration – past rulings favor increased restrictions.
- Environment – repeatedly votes to limit EPA regulatory authority.
- Financial Regulations – wrote an opinion piece claiming that the structure of the Consumer Financial Protection Board is unconstitutional.
- Net Neutrality – called the FCC’s net neutrality order an “unlawful” First Amendment violation
- Civil liberties and civil rights – The ACLU warns that if confirmed, Kavanaugh could well be the decisive vote Trump needs in the Supreme Court for his concerted campaign to undermine civil liberties and civil rights.