DoTheMostGood MoCo has joined with over 125 other grassroots and national organizations in signing a letter to Congress calling on them to decriminalize migration. You can read the letter here.
The Blue Wave is gathering steam! We’ve nominated our Maryland candidates, who will be led by Ben Jealous for Governor and Susie Turnbull for Lt. Governor. As the Maryland Coordinated Campaign staffs up and gets ready to launch, this is a good time to check out our Defeat Hogan Page — we’ve got everything you need to spread the word that Governor Hogan shortchanges Marylanders and is not the moderate he pretends to be.
DTMG Director Barbara Noveau, Nancy Walker from J Walkers Action Group, WDC President Fran Rothstein and former WDC President Carole Brande met with MDDEMs Chair Kathleen Matthews and Lt. Governor nominee Susie Turnbull to brainstorm how we can all work together to win in November, Here are a few takeaways from the meeting.
- It’s a summer ON, not a summer OFF
- The message: Democrats are united behind our nominees, with the emphasis shifting from “Get Hogan Out” (negative) to “Elect Jealous” (positive), with all the reasons for doing so.
- The Coordinated Campaign will be up and running within a few weeks, with offices across the state.
- The Coordinated Campaign will focus not just on the statewide races (Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, US Senate) but also on key House districts (e.g., CD 1 & CD 6).
- Blue Wave Blowout Rally tentatively scheduled for Saturday afternoon, September 15.
“Do the Most Good” (DTMG) says it all
We are an activist organization, over 1100 strong, committed to inclusive, progressive values. We bring together like-minded people to protect, defend, and further these values in our community and our nation. In these challenging times, we offer members a vehicle for engaging civically and politically in the issues that resonate with them. Knowing that we are stronger together, we foster collaboration and build coalitions with other groups that share our goals.